Welcome to MeCast from Meeco!
MeCast offers you an easy way to simultaneously post across your social networks, and create a personal timeline backed up in your own personal cloud.
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Download and install MeCast for Apple iOS
- Create an account and username
- Connect your social networks
- Post across your networks
- Back up your social posts to your personal cloud
- Import posts to back up from your networks
- Search your timeline
MeCast for iOS 9
MeCast is currently available for iPhone and iPad. You will need to be running iOS 9 or above to access all of the features properly. MeCast is available for free to download from the Apple’s app store, click here to download and start sharing today.
Creating an Account
Connecting your Social Networks
Before you can start posting, you’ll have to allow MeCast permission to connect with and post to your Social accounts. The features will vary for each application according to which Social Network you connect, so make sure you read the terms before you accept.
You can connect to:
If you don’t want to join any networks and just create your own timeline, just hit ‘Done’. Everything will go to your personal timeline and you won’t need to share anything with anyone.
- Simply tap the network you want to link to or “Next” to continue exploring and create a nickname.
- As you connect you will be asked whether you are using your own account or a shared account. You can link multiple accounts to your MeCast for each Social Network.
- Use the login and password of your Social Network account to permit Mecast to post on your behalf. If you get the password incorrect, you will be redirected to a page in the social network. To get back to MeCast you will have to relaunch the app from the apple dashboard.
- Once you have successfully signed in and linked your account, a green tick will appear on the home page next to the social network.
Creating and Sharing a Post
You can post directly from the navigation bar in your feed and share as you create your post, or you can reshare as you scroll through your personal timeline. You can use MeCast to post simultaneously to:
- Tap ‘Post’ to get started.
- Select the networks you want to share to and compose post. To add an image, tap the ‘Add Photo’ bar under the text box. Use the camera from this screen, or from the bottom of the home page to take a picture or access your iPhone Library. In order to use your Library make sure you have authorised MeCast to access your photographs.
Once you are finished with your creation, be sure to confirm your share by selecting ‘Post’ in the top right corner.
Sharing from Safari
You can use MeCast to share links or articles straight from the web when you’re browsing in Safari. Just click on the share icon shown below. A bunch of services that you can share to will appear. If you click ‘More’ you will be taken to an even longer list of apps you can share to. Find MeCast and then flick the green switch over to enable sharing via the share tray. Easy!
Now MeCast will appear as a destination whenever you tap the share tray button. To share, just tap MeCast, add a message to accompany your link, choose your networks, the hit ‘Post’ to confirm.
Backing up your Social Posts
Your timeline is your complete social story. A record of all the posts you have made via MeCast across all your synced social networks. By backing up your Social post from your networks you can keep track of what you’ve posted in context, so that if you ever decide to move on or close an account, your story stays with you. You can also import posts from you networks so that they appear in your timeline (this may take some time). You can import and back up Posts from:
- Tap Account to manage your Network preferences.
- Select the “Manage Networks” tab.
- Choose which Network you want to back up or Import from. Currently the supported networks are
- Flick the toggle switches to import or back up your posts and tap ‘Save’ to confirm.
Searching in MeCast
MeCast’s unique search function makes it possible to search your timeline. So you never have to waste time scrolling through old posts to find anything again! You can search through your personal timeline for:
- Names and events
- Key words
MeCast and Meeco together
If you have a Meeco Account you can add your MeCast to your Meeco dashboard to view and search your personal timeline on other devices. To add MeCast to your Meeco Account just add it like any other account, as outlined in Linking accounts section. Remember, you can add new accounts any time by tapping ‘Account’.
That’s it! Enjoy MeCast. If you have any problems, don’t panic! Just email us and we’ll help you out as quickly as you can!