, our mission is to develop the tools to enable people to collect, protect and securely exchange personal data. We launched our first service in 2014 backed by Terms & Conditions we were proud to share. Starting with that first version, we’ve continued to invited feedback before implementing updates. We take our governance seriously, which starts with transparent and easy to understand terms of service.
This is the fifth update since then. Our last major update was back in 2018 prior to the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation
. Through that update we were able to strengthen data rights, and extend the GDPR protections to everyone using Meeco.
This V5 update
paves the way for a range of exciting new Meeco services, including applications like mIKs-it
, designed for to make digital services safer and secure for kids.
We’ve also been busy building tools for developers
Tools to support amazing start-ups like My Life Capsule
, who are helping people manage, prepare, capture and share data to connect and organise families across generations.
We’re also deploying a range of new decentralised identity capabilities to support partners like VELA Solutions
. VELA provide a digital credentialing platform to enable the secure storing and sharing of verifiable credentials.
Over the next fourteen days, we would love your feedback or questions on any of the changes. Our Terms & Conditions reflect our commitment to giving people and organisations the tools to access, control and create mutual value from personal data. Here’s a high level summary of the changes:
- Introduction of data administration roles for parents and guardians
- Description of new and expanded Meeco Services
- Information about Meeco’s entities in Belgium and the United Kingdom
- Expanded terms to include children using Meeco Services
- Prohibited use to protect children
- Additions to protect Your data rights
- Updates to increase Your data security
- Expansion of Your commencement and termination rights
- Introduction of terms regarding subscriptions and payments
- Additions to meaning of words and legal terms.
If you would like to share your feedback, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Update to Terms and Conditions ” in the subject heading.
All going to plan, our new Terms & Conditions will apply by Monday 8th March 2021!
Thank you for taking the time to read this update and we look forward to your comments. 🙏