To secure our digital rights and build a more prosperous future, we need to put in place today, the architecture required for the digital Europe we want tomorrow.Katryna Dow, MeecoData Sovereignty Now, in partnership with its members MyData Global, Meeco, SITRA, International Data Spaces and INNOPAY will be hosting a live webinar on 25 May 2021 (from 15:00-16:30 CET) to discuss: – Why is the European Data Governance Act (DGA) important in terms of how data will be shared in the future?
– How can data sovereignty be anchored in the DGA?
– Why is it time for some moonshot thinking in relation to data?
The moonshotHosted by moderator Rikka Kampi of MyData Global, this webinar is an ideal chance to learn more about the role the DGA can play in the balance of power over data, the evolution of the digital economy, data sovereignty, data spaces and digital soft infrastructures. It is also your opportunity to engage in the discussion and participate in some moonshot thinking. How can Europe take a groundbreaking approach and define a radically different way of dealing with data in the future – a way that establishes trust, allowing people and organisations to share data effortlessly whilst staying in control?
The webinar programme
- Setting the scene: Why is the Data Governance Act important for our future way of sharing data? – Viivi Lähteenoja, Special Advisor Data Policy at city of Helsinki and Senior Advisor at MyData Global
- What is a soft infrastructure? – Jaana Sinipuro, Project Director IHAN at the Finnish Innovation Fund Sitra
- Common European data spaces – Lars Nagel, CEO of International Data Spaces Association, and Douwe Lycklama, founding partner of INNOPAY