Important COVID-19 announcement.
Before we dive into explaining this amazing opportunity, we don’t want to waste your time. So, if you don’t have Australian citizenship or permanent residency, or if you are representing a recruitment agency, remote worker or offshore provider, then this is not for you. This role is based in Adelaide, Australia and requires the successful candidate to also have the necessary work experience and visa status and living in South Australia. Unfortunately, with the current COVID situation in Australia, the changing conditions and closed borders present too much uncertainty to candidates outside of South Australia.
is looking for a Senior Multimedia Specialist for our Australian team, where you can contribute to the success of our product team developing our globally awarded personal data platform. The Meeco platform is comprised of suite of products including a decentralised wallet, key management store, exchange for identity, credentials & tokens and secure data enclave (vault).
At Meeco we build the tools to enable people and organisation to access, protect and create mutual value from personal data. We are personal data pioneers offering a range of solutions powered by Meeco and decentralised on Hedera Hashgraph.
We are passionate about building a new digital economy where data is not refined, as is done with oil, for power and profit, for the benefit of a few mega corporations. Rather, we are committed to finding a new equilibrium where people and organisations enter a relationship of mutual value and build a new, more meaningful way to personalise digital services. Read our manifesto
to learn more about our thinking and the vision that drives us.
We have built a diverse team, and we welcome everyone. Our team is spread across Australia, Belgium and the UK. Collectively we come from diverse cultural backgrounds, speaking a range of languages, and each bring a unique personal data story that advances our mission.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your expertise with a technology scale-up working to improve the world! Meeco is a growing team of 25 people based in Australia, Belgium and the UK and we are looking for a senior Multimedia Specialist to join our Adelaide based design team.
This role is ideally suited to someone who has commercial experience and is excited and passionate about communication and multimedia and how these can be used to help humanise technology.
You will be working closely with our executive team including our CEO and report to our Chief Experience Officer. Alongside an experienced (in person team) you will be involved in the full communication design process. The following will help you understand what you’ll be doing on a day-to-day basis:
As Meeco’s Multimedia Specialist, you will be responsible for both creating both internal and external communications and all projects involving the creation of digital media. You will be the first point of contact for communications and coordinate external communications with the CEO and Chief Commercial Officer. Your duties will include creating concepts for new designs, providing cost estimates, and ensuring all content meets our guidelines and security requirements.
This role will have client contact, therefore excellent communication and presentation skills are critical. You will be required to coordinate with clients at a variety of levels and across functions and oversee client expectations to accurate and timely delivery, including the following responsibilities:
• Oversee the production of digital media including videos, website development, online advertising, and email marketing
• Assisting in analysing, specifying and developing Meeco’s digital and on-line strategy including plans, guidelines and monitoring for quality and alignment to brand
• Create computer animation, audio, video and graphic image files for multimedia presentations for Meeco’s and client’s digital and web assets
• Maintain Meeco’s websites and web applications, including web programming, scripting, authoring, content management and file management
• Manage Meeco’s Digital assets (e.g. LinkedIn, Telegram, YouTube, Wistia, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite) including posting, moderating and maintaining branded content
• Provide multimedia support for Meeco and industry events, including key notes, trade shows and conferences
• Take briefs from internal stakeholders and external clients and foster long-lasting relationships with them
• Ensure all stakeholders and clients are updated on the delivery of digital campaigns
• Create concepts and designs for new digital projects
• Coordinate with project directors to guarantee the workflow, documentation, and design standards are being upheld
• Prepare accurate status reports and identify any issues and resolve them in a timely manner
• Work closely with Meeco’s developers, UX/UI, designers, to ensure that your deliverables are consistent with the agreed project vision
• Provide cost or time estimates and quotations, and monitor budgets
• Ensure all Meeco content and/or client content is on brand and meets project requirements
• Work with the Meeco team to develop content, which may include technical white papers, case studies, marketing materials, marketing campaigns, product portfolios and product support content Use your extensive knowledge of web design, video editing, and graphic design computer software to deliver projects
• Assess trends in software and delivery tools and recommend best practice
• Work closely with the Design and UX/UI team to develop prototypes, click-demos and showcase Meeco products in various stages of development
• Develop Meeco iconography, and visual language in line with Meeco’s brand and style guides
• Prepare and develop internal learning materials which may include product guides and FAQs
• Contribute to the design library for the Meeco Developer Portal
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
Meeco is an accredited ISO27001 organisation. Information Security sits at the centre of everything we do internally and for our partners. Therefore, and understanding of information security, access management, quality assurance and security communication will be highly regarded. As would experience in the preparation of communication systems for security monitoring and audit.
Additionally, you will work closely with Meeco’s engineering team to ensure that security protocols are followed for digital assets and hosting websites, including backup and disaster recovery.
This will include designing, developing and coding with other specialised inputs, such as image files, audio files and scripting languages, to securely produce, maintain and support Meeco’s digital assets.
We use a variety of industry standard tools including Figma. It is not a requirement that you have experience in using any of these tools, but a willingness to learn and self-directed education is required.
We are looking for someone who is an experienced multimedia professional with a minimum of 5 years’ demonstrable experience.
We build applications for the internet of tomorrow, a place where personal data is placed right at the centre, protected start to finish. This means we often tackle questions that have no established technical or design solutions.
Meeco is an environment with more questions than answers. If you are drawn to original problems, which require imaginative solutions, you’ll feel right at home. This does require you to be open for and comfortable learning new things and develop proof-of-concepts on short timelines, identifying the tasks that matter the most. English is our primary language, but as we work with European clients, having the command of other European languages is a huge plus.
The following is our wishlist. It is not necessary that you have all this experience, but the more you have or can pick up quickly will increase your chances of success in the role:
• Be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in UX/UI, either through your study or personal projects
• A tertiary qualification in the marketing field and/or a Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in the communications field, ideally a majors in multimedia
• Experienced in using design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Affinity or Adobe design suite and Content Management tools such as Webflow and WordPress (including migration)
• Solid copywriting skills as well as editing and proofreading
• Experience working across different time zones, where English maybe the second language for many of your colleagues. An understanding of Dutch or French would be highly desirable
• A technical understanding of English to assist in the proof-reading and editing of content or experience in English language teaching would be a bonus
• Demonstrated understanding of what a Design System is along with keeping up to date with the latest marketing, UI/UX design and usability trends and techniques
• Experience writing and reviewing internal policies, including security and audit documentation
Whilst Meeco supports remote work, this role will be based in our Adelaide Office.
Given the collaboration aspects of this role, we would like you to be in the office at least three-four days a week. At other times you are free to work where you work best.
We have team members in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia, London (UK) and spread out in Belgium. An important reality is that this can often mean early mornings or long days.
We have flexible hours, so you can design your day around being an early bird or night owl. For six months of the year the time difference with Europe can feel brutal, and then the other six months when Europe is on summertime it is much easier. However, being able to work across time zones and be self-directed is a critical aspect of this role
We value people who can work independently, are able to manage themselves, are supportive to each other and not afraid to ask for help when needed. We love you asking for help!
What we offer
We pay a competitive start-up package based on your experience and seniority in line with the existing members in the team. As we are still building our foundation team, additional incentives such as Options are available for the right person.
What we have achieved
We are early pioneers
in the personal data economy and have been campaigning for digital rights, data portability and data control since 2012. You can read more on our achievements and announcements on our blog
; our founder bootstrapped the company for the first two years before raising private equity. We have runway and revenues, so the focus for us now is building awesome products and helping our partners adopt them.
Brand & Reputation
: We launched our first product into the market in 2014 and have built a strong brand in the personal data community. Check out Meeco on Twitter or LinkedIn and you will see our consistent focus in helping build a global personal data economy. If you would like to know more about the exciting stuff we are working and have in store, check out this recent webinar
: We have won nine international awards in Australia, UK, Netherlands and Germany for personal data management, identity, innovation and FinTech services.
: We recently launched a media platform for kids called mIKs-it
and a decentralised Wallet to support identity and verifiable credentials. These are just two great examples of how enterprises and other start-ups are using our technology to developer better Privacy and Security by Design personal data solutions.
Over the past year we have grown our engineering team along with some really interesting blockchain/distributed ledger projects which we are currently productising and been launching throughout 2021.
How to apply
By reading this you have reached the end, so if you feel you are the right person for the job, all you must do is email email@example.com
Please include what you like about the role, why you may want to join, any questions along with your resume and confirmation of your Australian citizenship or residency
Last time we advertised we had hundreds of applications. Whilst we were delighted it took us a few weeks to consider the long-list and juggle interviews between Australia and Europe. If you meet the criteria, we will be in touch with you as soon as possible. We’re all looking forward to meeting you soon!